Internship + Co-op Information
Click on a Logo Above to Learn More About Specific Programs
"Internships" refer to project-based, single semester or short-term experiences. Internships occur during the fall, spring, and/or summer and range from two to six months. Internships can be full-time or part-time, paid or unpaid, with an option to be taken for academic credit.
"Co-ops" typically refer to programs that are single or multi-term work experiences run in alternate or in parallel with school terms. Co-ops typically occur with one employer and involve increased responsibilities. Co-ops can occur during fall, spring, and/or summer terms with summer often included. Co-ops can be full-time or part-time; they are traditionally paid positions and taken for academic credit.
INTERNSHIPS and CO-OPS:
- Promote academic, career and/or personal development
- Include learning objectives, observation, reflection and evaluation
- Balance learning goals with the organization's needs
HOW CAN INTERNSHIPS and CO-OPS BENEFIT YOUR BUSINESS?
- Test Drive Talent: Practical experiences for students can lead to a full-time professional hire. They provide an opportunity to ensure the individual can fulfill the responsibilities of a position and fit within the organizational culture.
- Provide Fresh and Innovative Ideas: Students bring current knowledge from coursework and new perspectives to the work environment. Great way to support students: Organizations are able to show mentorship and support for the up-and-coming future leaders in the workforce.
INTERNSHIPS and CO-OPS ARE NOT:
- Free help
- Meant to replace an employee
ECONOMIC DEVELOPMENT CORPORATION PARTNERS:
Counties of: Barron, Chippewa, Clark, Dunn, Eau Claire, Pierce, Polk, Rusk and St. Croix. Internship + Co-op Information