Your involvement with Momentum West helps leverage the resources in western Wisconsin to grow the regional economy. Multiple levels of membership allow you to support Momentum West in the way that fits your budget and goals. These dollars in support of Momentum West last year:
- Helped secure an Inspire license to provide middle and high school students in the region the opportunity to identify potential careers within the region and link with employers about offerings, and as potential future workforce, to get acclimated with their organizations.
- Conduct the outreach, research and launch efforts tied to attracting and retaining young professionals, target alumni from our higher education institutions that have left the region to return to the region, connect with outbound commuters, and to assist in the development of programs to aid in employee retention and job searches.
- Lay the groundwork for a collaborative effort with regional partners to increase the number of internships and apprenticeships with the goal of placing more regionally educated individuals in permanent employment.
- Respond to inquiries from site selectors about property and existing structures within the region available for development.
- Provide consultation to area municipal and private property owners on the steps necessary and the opportunities present for development of industrial land.
- Market land verified as shovel ready via the Gold Shovel program.
- Develop a referral resource database for entrepreneurs.
- Provide grants to six county economic development organizations in the region for their entrepreneurial programs or in support of ventures within their counties.
- Work with partners to identify and form strategies to improve the STEM education and promotion of STEM careers within the region.
- Provide assistance to business and industry looking to capitalize on overseas markets.
- Work with the state of Wisconsin on developing a regional quality of life web offering designed to attract talent to the region.
- Connect with site selectors, developers and commercial brokers at tradeshows and events to promote the region.
- Host regular meetings of the region’s economic development organizations including relevant presentations from state and regional resources.