Internship + Apprenticeship Information
"Internships" refer to project-based, single semester or short-term experiences. Internships occur during the fall, spring, and/or summer and range from two to six months. Internships can be full-time or part-time, paid or unpaid, with an option to be taken for academic credit.
Apprenticeships give you access to careers that are typically unavailable to those without experience, and build skills that are transferable from one employer to another and from one area of the country to another. They combine structured on-the-job training with related classroom instruction.
Internships and Apprenticeships:
- Promote academic, career and/or personal development
- Include learning objectives, observation, reflection and evaluation
- Balance learning goals with the organization's needs
How Can Internships and Apprenticeships Benefit Your Business?
- Test Drive Talent: Practical experiences for students can lead to a full-time professional hire. They provide an opportunity to ensure the individual can fulfill the responsibilities of a position and fit within the organizational culture.
- Provide Fresh and Innovative Ideas: Students bring current knowledge from coursework and new perspectives to the work environment. Great way to support students: Organizations are able to show mentorship and support for the up-and-coming future leaders in the workforce.
Internships and Apprenticeships Are Not:
- Free help
- Meant to replace an employee
Economic Development Partners:
- Eau Claire
- St. Croix