Goals and Strategies
Business and talent attraction, development and retention are the top priorities for Momentum West. Thanks to our board, committee members, partners and other parties involved with our efforts, we continue to tackle an aggressive list of goals that fall underneath five areas: Business Attraction, Talent Attraction Development and Retention, Events and Forums, Entrepreneurship and Broadband Expansion and Marketing.
- Focus Business Attraction efforts on food and beverage manufacturing, precision manufacturing, plastics and warehousing and distribution.
- Continued focus on marketing to developers, site selectors, asset managers and brokers.
- Participation in state, regional, and national tradeshows with an upper Midwest focus such as the Mid-America EDC.
- Host familiarity tours showing of the regional assets.
- Purse options to foster cluster development and/or supply chain database base that focuses in one or more key regional sectors.
- Continuation of the Gold Shovel Ready program to identify and market available shovel ready sites to developers, site selectors and brokers.
Talent Attraction Development and Retention
- Communicate the regions unique quality of place assets to students graduating from area universities before they leave the region.
- Outreach to area alumni about the benefits of living in the Momentum West region.
- Market local job opportunities to out-commuters.
- Address industry talent needs for targeted industries.
- Work with partners to promote the UWIN and Techstart programs to help companies utilize internships and apprenticeships with area higher education institutions.
- Host relevant and timely events focusing on housing, broadband, the annual awards event and other Momentum West events that promote and support the region.
- Promote region by providing a common message on the region to targeted audiences both internally focused (within the 10 counties) and externally.
- Work with the regional broadband coalition to advocate, educate and drive the advancement of broadband within the region.
- Promote and grow the StartIn West Central Wisconsin entrepreneur resource database.