Inspire Connections helps you understand your child’s career goals and the available work-based learning opportunities that get them connected with local employers — bridging the gap between classwork and the work world. Inspire Connections creates a way for students and job-seekers to actively interact with area employers and career coaches. By encouraging your child take advantage of the tools, you can help them discover their career path and attain their career goals.
How does the program work?
Inspire Connections is a web-based program which connects a student’s career interests with real companies and real-life professionals in that career area. The system, which is powered by a licensed product called Career Cruising, provides a customized information sharing and resource gathering environment where students/job-seekers can:
- Learn about area companies that offer jobs and careers in their area of interest
- Participate in career discussions with an online mentor/career coach from that company
- Further interact with that company by participating in other Work-based Learning Activities, such as job-shadowing, internships, company tours, and summer employment
How can a parent participate?
- Help your child use the tools/resources available (sign up for a student/parent account by contacting your school office).
- Encourage your employer to participate in Inspire Connections (have your employer follow the instructions on the Employers page).
- Sign up to be an online mentor/career coach in a particular field of study. Do you have knowledge in a particular career field? Would you like to share your experience with interested students and job seekers? Contact us today at firstname.lastname@example.org
(Attention: All registrants are subject to a nation-wide criminal and sex offender background check before your account is activated. From more information on the terms, please click User-Terms-and-Conditions )