Help and Support
- How do I access Inspire Connections? You will need a password. To access Inspire Connections go to www.careercruising.com and enter your portfolio username and password. If you don’t have a password, please contact your teacher/counselor.
- I don’t remember my password – help! If you’ve included your email address with your portfolio, go to www.careercruising.com and select the Forgot Password link (found at the top right of the page). Select Personal Portfolio Username and Password on the pop up window and enter your email address and the system will send you your access information. If you didn’t include your email address or you don’t remember your portfolio username and password, please contact your teacher/counselor.
- I’ve logged into Inspire Connections – now what? Fantastic! You can now search for more information on any career, learn more about what colleges/universities have to offer etc. If you don’t know where do start just follow this Quick Start Guide. (Adobe Acrobat required)
- How do I login to my account? How do I retrieve my password? To login to your account go to www.careercruising.com/school. If you have fogotten/misplaced your password, you can retrieve your password by going here.
- How can I get more training on CareerCruising.com/Inspire Connections? To sign up for free general training on CareerCruising.com, go to http://public.careercruising.com/ca/en/training/webinars/ and register for a webinar that you are interested in. For specific Inspire Connections training, please contact us at ____
- Where can I find class activities using CareerCruising.com/Inspire Connections? To find the Career Cruising/Inspire Connections class activities, login to your account and go to the Helpful Documents section and go to the Classroom Activities and Research Projects section.
- How do I view what students/users are posting on the discussion boards? Login to your account and go to the Portfolio Reports section and go to the Inspire Connections Section at the bottom of the page. There is a report called Message Board Posts by Student that will list all the posts for each student. Note: You can filter the report by clicking the Custom button under the Customize This Report section of the page.
- Where can I find any flagged/inappropriate discussion board posts? Login to your www.careercruising.com/school account and go to the Inspire Connections section and go to the Flagged Message Board Posts Sub-section (second from the bottom of the list).
- I’ve received a Work-based Learning (WLA) Request – Now what? Login to your account and go to the Inspire Connections section and go to the Manage WLE Requests Sub-section (4th from the top of the list). You will then be shown a list of requests – any requests with the red exclamation mark (!) requires your attention. Please reference the CAMS Quick Start Guide for Work-based Learning Activities.
- How do I manage WLA requests? Login to your account and go to the Inspire Connections section and go to the Manage WLA Requests Sub-section (4th from the top of the list). You will then be shown a list of requests – any requests with the red exclamation mark (!) requires your attention. Please reference the CAMS Quick Start Guide for Work-based Learning Activities.
- I’d like to help my child use Inspire Connections. Where do I begin? You can request an activation code from your child’s school or from your child. From there, you can log-in to https://www.careercruising.com/parent/default.aspx. Please reference the following Student Quick-start Guide. If you have trouble accessing your child’s account, please go to the Student Support section.
- I’ve registered as a volunteer. Now what? Please reference the Employer/Online Career Coach section.
Employer and Coach Support
- Please reference the Employer/Online Career Coach section.