Inspire Connections offers tools for educators to engage students in thinking about their careers, find relevance in what they are learning in the classroom and increase students’ career readiness.
This talent-development platform helps students and career-seekers achieve their future career goals by bridging the gap between school and the work world. Inspire Connections provides a central hub in which area students and educators can actively interact with area employers and career coaches with the goal of:
- Helping students find relevance in what they are learning in the classroom
- Engaging students early in thinking about their careers
- Making a positive impact our region’s career readiness
How does the program work?
Inspire Connections is a whole-community approach to career readiness that enhances the academic and career planning tools available to school districts utilizing Career Cruising for their ACP platform. The system provides a customized information sharing and resource gathering environment where educators and their students can easily:
- Learn about area companies that offer jobs and careers in their area of interest
- Participate in career discussions with an online mentor/career coach from that company
- Further interact with that company by participating in other real-world experiences, such as job-shadowing, internships, company tours, and summer employment
How can educators participate?
Access the Inspire Connections features and lesson plans through your Career Cruising CAMS account. Help students learn about local businesses in the career clusters of they are interested in, connect with work-based learning opportunities and get advice from local online career coach mentors. Make sure your school is licensed with Career Cruising. If you would like your school to participate in Inspire Connections, please contact your CESA.