Main Street recognizes special downtown supporters
Friday, April 06, 2018
Main Street of Menomonie hosted its 27th annual meeting and awards presentation at The Raw Deal on Jan. 25. The meeting covered accomplishments of 2017, upcoming 2018 goals for downtown, an awards ceremony, live music by Andy Hanson, with snacks provided by The Raw Deal, Eau Galle Cheese Factory and Menomonie Market Food Co-Op.
To honor those who have been involved in strengthening the vitality of downtown Menomonie, awards were given to the following:
- Downtown Revitalization: The Cobblestone Inn & Suites
- Spirit of Giving: Bremer Bank
- Spirit of Excellence: University of Wisconsin-Stout
- Preserving Our Heritage: Vintage Sign Shop, with recognition of the restoration and transformation of the former Coffin's Department Store into Mood Boutique.
- Friend of Main Street: Dunn County Master Gardeners decoration and upkeep of the Veteran’s Memorial. Special recognition to GFWC Menomonie Woman’s Club; UW-Stout Hockey volunteers during the Community Cookout; and former Main Street director Joanie Dulin's help during the search for a new director.