Stay cable installation complete at Pier 9
Thursday, June 02, 2016
Stay cables go up at Pier 12, closest to Wisconsin shoreline
STILLWATER, Minn. – The contractor has reached several stay cable construction milestones: construction crews have completed stay cable installation at Pier 9 near the Minnesota shoreline and have begun installing the first set of stay cables at Pier 12, closest to the Wisconsin shoreline.
In addition, crews anticipate completing stay cable installation at Pier 8 in early June. The St. Croix Crossing is an extradosed design, which is a hybrid between a box-girder bridge and a cable-stayed bridge. The new bridge will feature over 5 miles of visible stay cables.
Other St. Croix Crossing bridge construction highlights
Construction crews continue to place bridge deck segments at all five river pier locations. By the end of the week of May 30:
- 79% of bridge deck segments will be installed at Pier 8
- 93% of bridge deck segments will be installed at Pier 9, and crews will complete segment placement at this pier location by mid-June
- 14% of bridge deck segments will be installed at Pier 10
- 17% of bridge deck segments will be installed at Pier 11
- 41% of bridge deck segments will be installed at Pier 12
Crews anticipate starting bridge deck construction at Pier 13 on the Wisconsin bluff by mid-June.
Minnesota approach construction update
The contractor is on schedule to complete placing pre-cast concrete segments at Pier 3 for the Highway 36 eastbound approach bridge by early June.
Stay connected, ask questions or provide comments to the St. Croix Crossing project team:
- Visit the project web site
- Sign-up for weekly email updates
- Call the hotline at 1-855-GO-CROIX (1-855-462-7649)
- Like us on Facebook
- Follow us on Twitter @stcroixcrossing
- Stop by the office at 1862 Greeley St. S. in Stillwater. Hours are 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m., Monday through Friday.