THE COUNTDOWN IS ON!
DO YOU HAVE YOUR TICKET?
Register Now for the
2019 Women's Business Conference!
The Women’s Business Conference, presented by the Western Wisconsin Women’s Business Center, will be held from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. on Thursday, May 16, 2019 at the University of Wisconsin – Eau Claire W.R. Davies Student Center. If you attend one professional development event this year, make it to the 2019 Women's Business Conference!
The conference is expected to attract more than 500 business owners, aspiring business owners, entrepreneurs and exhibitors from across the Midwest. This year’s conference features 100 exhibitors and 20 educational sessions on business planning, marketing, legal issues, business finance, and current trends in business.
The conference will start with a Power Panel and continental breakfast, featuring the leaders of four successful women-owned businesses. Included in the Power Panel will be Becki Spina of Becki's Kitchen, Inga Witscher of Around The Farm Table, Heather Mishefske of emBark, and Jess Gardner of Hello Adorn. Each participant will share their tips for success and explain how they got started and how they overcame obstacles during their business careers.
Conference participants will attend four educational sessions throughout the day and may choose from the following topics presented by more than 50 industry experts from throughout the region:
• Legal Considerations for Startup Companies
• Understanding Your Financials
• Healthy Communication: Turning Conflict and Differences into Assets
• Online Reviews: How to Strategically Manage Your Online Presence
• We're From The Government and We're Here to Help!
• Audit-Proofing Your Business
• Business Networking Tips
• Employment Law for a Growing Business
• Growing Your Business... Sustainably and Effectively
• Online Selling Roundtable
• Be A Diamond: Strength-Based Strategies To Maximize Your Potential
• Building Strategic Relationships to Grow Your Business
• Food Industry Roundtable
• Social Media "Musts" For Businesses
• Vetting Your Business Idea-The Business Model Canvas
• Employee Branding: How to Make You and Your Organization Stand Out
• Financing Your Business Start and Expansion
• Freelancers Roundtable in the Gig Economy
• How to Build Awareness and Generate Income Using LinkedIn (For Free)
• Your Money Buckets: What They are and How to Use Them
Don't forget about the FREE Pre-Conference Events included with your registration!
Deb Clarke, trainer and consultant at the Chippewa Valley Technical College, will discuss “Delivering Fantastic Customer Service” on Wednesday, May 15th, 2019, from 1-5 p.m.
In the evening, from 5:30-8:30 p.m., The Hmong Wisconsin Chamber of Commerce, the American Indian Chamber of Commerce, and Wisconsin Procurement Institute present a networking event and mixer. This event will connect you to business development resources from your area and the State of Wisconsin that could fuel your business growth strategy. Both pre-conference events will be held at the Business Education Center at CVTC.
The 2019 Women’s Business Conference is presented by the non-profit Western Dairyland Community Action Agency and the Western Wisconsin Women’s Business Center, which is funded in part through a cooperative agreement with the U.S. Small Business Administration. The conference is sponsored by more than 30 businesses and organizations, including 98.7 The Brew, B95 Hot Country, The Dennis L Heyde Entrepreneur Program at UWEC, Northwestern Bank, Stokes | Herzog, The Juicy Good Life, Valley Media Works, Chippewa Valley Family, Leader-Telegram, CVTC, SCORE, Vino Cappuccino, Weld Riley, and WQOW.
The registration fee for the entire conference is just $69 per person. Scholarships are available for students and income-eligible individuals. For more information or to register, call 715-836-7511, ext. 1171 or visit www.WomensBusinessConference.com.