Committee Updates - May 2017
Talent Attraction: The committee’s formed from the CREC recommended initiatives continue to move forward. Compiling a repository of regional talent assets is underway. Work on sector specific talent sharing, STEM education analysis and several other items are moving forward. Please reference the Momentum West website for details on the initiatives. If you’d like to become involved let me know and we’ll get you connected with the initiative of your choice.
Event/Forums: In additional to the NWITA event w/Exportech and the Industrial Land Development seminar mentioned earlier in the newsletter, the team will be putting together a list of events through the end of calendar year 2018. Once these are determined we’ll be presenting sponsorship opportunities for these events.
Economic Development: The group met early April with the DNR, Family Friendly Workplace and Career Cruising to learn more about the Inspire software.
Business Attraction: Along with WEDC, we are organizing a trip to the Twin Cities to meet with developers. Seven counties EDC’s will be presenting along with Momentum West and WEDC.
Fundraising: This is the lifeblood to our sustainability and ability to drive our talent and business attraction and development efforts forward. Please consider becoming a member of our organization via an investment of time or dollars. For a full presentation on our programs, lease email or call me and I’d be happy to pay you a visit.
Talent Attraction Committee:
The Talent Attraction Committee is charged with:
- Work collaboratively with external entities such as the educational institutions, Manufacturing Works, chambers of commerce and the ten county EDC’s and foster regional efforts to grow and improve the talents of the workforce.
- Provide structure for regional talent attraction communications and collaboration
- Assess efficacy of WEDC programs and how they can be best applied at the regional level
The Marketing and Communications Committee is charged with developing a communications plan that will focus on both internal and external audiences to build brand identity for both the organization and region through the use of media relations, web based communications and social media platforms and advertising of all kinds.
- Develop annual marketing and communications plan
- Develop media relations plan and assist with development of story ideas and articles
- Manage website content and layout
- Manage the quarterly breakfast series forums
- Collateral material content development
- Manage Momentum West social media platforms
- Coordinate Annual Meeting