Committee Updates - July 2017
Talent Attraction: Work continues on a regional quality of life digital portal, development of a candidate referral network, expanded internships with the UW System Schools in the region, the launch of the next level of Career Cruising called Inspire, developing a comprehensive listing of regional talent resources and other items.
Event/Forums: Work will begin on revisions to the website to create more balance between business attraction and talent attraction, development and retention. As mentioned last month, the team has put together a list of events through the end of calendar year 2018. Sponsorship opportunities for these events will be made available.
Business Attraction: The committee is evaluating options to better identify potential leads for new business to the region. Also, the initial discussions are taking place on a program to connect smaller communities with site selectors to guide the development of industrial property as well as help defer some of the costs involved in verifying sites and Gold Shovel Ready.
Fundraising: This is the lifeblood to our sustainability and ability to drive our talent and business attraction and development efforts forward. Please consider becoming a member of our organization via an investment of time or dollars. For a full presentation on our programs, lease email or call me and I’d be happy to pay you a visit.
Talent Attraction Committee:
The Talent Attraction Committee is charged with:
- Work collaboratively with external entities such as the educational institutions, Manufacturing Works, chambers of commerce and the ten county EDC’s and foster regional efforts to grow and improve the talents of the workforce.
- Provide structure for regional talent attraction communications and collaboration
- Assess efficacy of WEDC programs and how they can be best applied at the regional level
The Marketing and Communications Committee is charged with developing a communications plan that will focus on both internal and external audiences to build brand identity for both the organization and region through the use of media relations, web based communications and social media platforms and advertising of all kinds.
- Develop annual marketing and communications plan
- Develop media relations plan and assist with development of story ideas and articles
- Manage website content and layout
- Manage the quarterly breakfast series forums
- Collateral material content development
- Manage Momentum West social media platforms
- Coordinate Annual Meeting